Guided "Safari" for paragliding pilots in the Pyrenees
Paragliding pilots are like hunters; we like to collect flights in amazing new areas like hunting trophies. Let's explore the Spanish Pyrenees together!
During this week-long 'safari', we will fly in some of the best and most popular paragliding sites in the Spanish Pyrenees.
You will benefit from the local knowledge of the instructors.
In the daily briefings, we check the best weather forecast websites together, we visit the landing areas before flying and we advise you about the local flying in each site. Our guided safari is run by experienced instructors who are not just interested in pilots that fly the furthest, but they take an active interest in the ability and progress of everyone in the group.
PYRENEES: NORTHERN SPAIN
A SELECTION OF THE BEST PARAGLIDING SITES
- Organya: called La Montaña Mágica (the magic mountain) because the amazing conditions to fly. It is a popular site for acro pilots because it is so easy to get the lift here that they can be training the whole day.
- Ager: To fly cross country along the Mont Sec is so easy as soaring the 28 kilometres long and 800 meter high cliffs, but also you can enjoy the restitution at sunset in a neverending soft thermal above the valley!
- Castejon de Sos: it is probably the best paragliding spot in the Pyrenees, with a lot of takeoffs at different altitudes and breathtaking landscapes.
WE OFFER YOU IN THE PACKAGE...
- Daily meteo briefing and Site briefings.
- Shuttle to the flying sites & retrieves: we can fly in more than 10 different spots. We don't mind to move to another area if it is necessary due weather conditions.
- Airport transfers, included* (please, read terms & conditions)
- Accommodation, included in a shared double room, with twin beds. You can also choose a single room or extra nights during the booking process.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
The accommodation is based on shared double rooms in houses or bungalows with kitchen facilities. Anyway, you can choose a single room during the online booking process.
WE HAVE MADE A FLEXIBLE PLAN
We will try to fly in a couple of spots every day. Please notice that this is not a tour designed to fly cross country but to enjoy local flights in different places and to combine paragliding with a tourist holiday.
It doesn't matter if you are not an experienced pilot, you can choose to fly in the best conditions for your level and you will always be supervised by our qualified instructors. But if you are a good thermal hunter, we will advise you in order to fly beautiful triangles in each area.
We will move to the next spot every two or three days, and we will try to avoid a long drive in order to fly as much as possible.
23rd June @ 12h00. We will pick up people in El Prat, Barcelona Airport.
30th June. Back to Barcelona in the morning and arriving to the airport @ 15h00
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE AND TO BRING
(If you are a novice or a rusty pilot and you need help and supervision of instructors, then please book in the Paragliding Coaching course for Low air-time Pilots.)
- You should have a Flight License and a Third Party Insurance specific for paragliding. Bring it with you.
- Before coming, You should have a Travel Accident Insurance with full rescue/repatriation cover.
- If you are a citizen of the EU, bring your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This entitles you to reduced-cost, sometimes free, medical treatment.
- Bring your Flight Equipment, with reserve parachute, helmet, Walkie VHF 2m and mobile phone. It is possible to hire us a full flying kit or any elements.
The briefings are in English or Spanish. You must understand at least one of these languages.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
You should have a Travel Accident Insurance, specific for paragliding, with full rescue/repatriation cover. If you don't have one, you will assume to pay for any medical costs in case of an accident.
We can offer to you an accident insurance with rescue and repatriation cover by 20€. You can apply for the insurance during the online booking process or when your arrival.
BOOK NOW. PAY LATER
PRE-PAYMENT NOT REQUIRED.
You can assure your place with a deposit later, at any moment. No cancellation fee up to 30 days before the arrival date.