Paragliding course for beginners
FAI IPPI 1-2 | BHPA Elementary Pilot | APPI Discover & Explore Pilot
Learn to fly… it is easy and fun!
This paragliding course is for complete novices and the first step in getting qualified to paraglide. No previous experience is needed.
In this first course you will learn the basics of Paragliding and by the end of the week you will be flying under the supervision of the instructors. You can also do the full EP + CP course in two consecutive weeks which is the quickest way to learn to paraglide and getting a qualification that allows you to fly unsupervised.
In southern Spain, you will take advantage of the excellent weather conditions for maximum air-time and we are able to guarantee you will complete your course in one week.
What’s different about us?
Intensive course. Fast learning system. Tandem flights method.
Because we know that our students have a short time for learning to fly, we have developed a fast learning system with all our best resources; our method is faster, safer and funnier.
The intensive course takes the whole day, from 9h00 in the morning to sunset, with a break for lunch.
- ONE-to-ONE TANDEM FLIGHTS: At the beginning of the course you will fly in a dual paraglider with your instructor; you will take the controls from the first flight! This is the best way to learn, no doubts! The traditional method is based on small flights from a low hill and the student flies always alone, which often takes a longer time to learn. We are currently the only local paragliding school that uses this teaching method. After a few tandem flights, you will be ready to fly solo under supervision with radio support!
- Mini-paragliders: Too much wind for flying? No worries… we won’t lose that time; with our mini-wings of 13 m2 surface, you can practice ground handling even if the wind is strong!
- Small group size: 6 students max. in this level of the course... We can spend more time with each one.
- We have a private flying site where you can fly in a quiet environment without too many other pilots flying around.
- You will benefit from the local knowledge of the instructors. Most of the paragliding foreigners guides and instructors come here just for a few months, during the winter season, and after that, they go back home... but our staff are Spanish. We were born here and we have learned to fly in these mountains. We know our place.
YOU SIMPLY MUST COME!
Because in Spain we have the best climate conditions to fly paragliding the whole year round, especially in winter; while the rest of Europe is frozen, we can fly great thermals at 18-20ºC!
The mountains of Algodonales are one of the best paragliding spots in southern Spain and one of the most popular in Europe, especially in autumn and winter. During the spring it is a great thermal site and has good cross-country potential, even for pilots who are looking for their first XC flight. But it is also an easy place for beginners, full of big landing areas.
The coast is just one hour away and offers two other easy coastal flying sites above sand dunes.
Not only will you be flying but you will be enjoying the culture and the real people of Spain. Algodonales is also ideally situated for visiting the surrounding great cities and sights of interests such as Sevilla, Granada, Cordoba, Cadiz, Jerez de la Frontera, Costa de la Luz and Costa del Sol.
WE OFFER YOU IN THE PACKAGE...
- The rent of the full flight equipment.
- Third party & Accident insurances, with repatriation cover.
- Shuttle to the flying sites & retrieves: we can fly in more than 10 different spots. We don't mind to move to another area if it is necessary due weather conditions.
- Airport transfers, included* (please, read terms & conditions)
ADD A ROOM TO YOUR PACKAGE
Why is accommodation not included in the price? Well, because we don't want to charge you for something that maybe you don't need or maybe you prefer to look for accommodation by yourself.
We work with several houses and hostels and we are happy to make a reservation for you.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
Our paragliding school is probably the only one which offers to the students an accident insurance, with full repatriation cover. A third party insurance is also included in the price.
Of course, you can have your own insurance if you wish.
If you are a citizen of the EU, bring your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This entitles you to reduced-cost, sometimes free, medical treatment.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE AND TO BRING
- You must be older than 16 years old.
- The briefings are in English or Spanish. You must understand at least one of these languages.
BOOK NOW. PAY LATER
PRE-PAYMENT NOT REQUIRED.
You can assure your place with a deposit later, at any moment. No cancellation fee up to 30 days before the arrival date.