Paragliding course for beginners
Combined IPPI 1+2+3 | BHPA Elementary+Club Pilot | APPI Discover+Explore+Pilot
Learn to fly and become a certified paragliding pilot in 2 weeks!
This intensive paragliding course combines the Elementary and the Club Pilot courses and it will drive you from a complete beginner to a certified pilot allowed to fly unsupervised. No previous experience is needed.
In southern Spain, you will take advantage of the excellent weather conditions for maximum air-time and we are able to guarantee you will complete your course in two weeks.
We also offer courses and qualifications for residents who are required to have a BHPA license to fly in the UK.
EQUIVALENT RATING OBTAINED IN THIS COURSE LEVEL
- FAI IPPI 3
- APPI 3 PILOT
- BHPA CLUB PILOT
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE AND TO BRING
- You must be older than 16 years old.
- The briefings are in English or Spanish. You must understand at least one of these languages.
Intensive course: Fast learning with our revolutionary tandem flights method.
Because we know that our students have a short time for learning to fly, we have developed a fast learning system; our method is faster, safer and funnier.
How does our system works?
ONE-to-ONE TANDEM FLIGHTS: At the beginning of the course you will fly in a dual paraglider with your instructor; you will take the controls from the first flight. This is the best way to learn, no doubts!
The traditional method is based on small flights from a low hill and the student flies always alone, which takes a longer time to learn.
SOLO FLIGHTS: We combine the tandem flights with theory lessons and ground handling practices until you are ready to fly solo, under supervision with radio support.
We are currently the only local paragliding school that uses this teaching method.
The intensive course takes the whole day, from 9h00 in the morning to sunset, with a break for lunch.
What’s different about us?
- Mini-paragliders: Too windy to fly? No worries… we won’t lose that time; with our mini-wings of 13 m2 surface, you can practice ground handling even if the wind is strong!
- We have a private flying site where you can fly in a quiet environment without too many other pilots flying around.
- You will benefit from the local knowledge of the instructors. Most of the paragliding foreigners guides and instructors come here just for a few months, during the winter season, and after that, they go back home... but our staff are Spanish. We were born here and we have learned to fly in these mountains. We know our place.
WE OFFER YOU IN THE PACKAGE...
- The rent of the full flight equipment.
- Third party & Accident insurances, with repatriation cover.
- Shuttle to the flying sites & retrieves: we can fly in more than 10 different spots. We don't mind to move to another area if it is necessary due weather conditions.
- Airport transfers, included* (please, read terms & conditions)
ADD A ROOM TO YOUR PACKAGE
Why it's not included? Because we don't want to increase the prices with something that maybe you don't need; maybe you are traveling in a camping-car or maybe you prefer to find a hotel by yourself.
We work with several local hostels and houses so you can get cheaper prices booking through us. Most of the accommodations that you can find at Algodonales are based in self-catering houses with shared rooms, but we also offer private houses for couples or families. All the houses have wifi, bed sheets, towels and kitchen facilities.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
Our paragliding school is probably the only one which offers to the students an accident insurance, with repatriation cover. A third party insurance is also included in the price.
Of course, you can have your own insurance if you wish.
If you are a citizen of the EU, bring your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This entitles you to reduced-cost, sometimes free, medical treatment.
YOU SIMPLY MUST COME!
Because in Spain we have the best climate conditions for paragliding the whole year round, even in autumn and winter while the rest of Europe is frozen we can fly great thermals at 20ºC!
The mountains around Algodonales are one of the best paragliding spots in southern Spain and one of the most popular in Europe. During the spring it is a great thermal site and has good cross-country potential, even for your first XC flight. But it is also an easy place for beginners, full of big landing areas.
The coast is just one hour away and offers two other easy coastal flying sites above sand dunes.
Not only will you be flying but you will be enjoying the culture and the real people of Spain. Algodonales is also ideally situated for visiting the surrounding great cities and sights of interests such as Sevilla, Granada, Cordoba, Cadiz, Jerez de la Frontera, Costa de la Luz and Costa del Sol.
BOOK NOW. PAY LATER
PRE-PAYMENT NOT REQUIRED.
You can assure your place with a deposit later, at any moment. No cancellation fee up to 30 days before the arrival date.