Personal training for new paragliding pilots
Post Club Pilot Plus Course
For low air-time pilots who want to improve skills after they have finished the beginners course. Also good for "rusty pilots" needed of a refresh
This course has many different names for the same thing: it is also called Post Club Pilot course or Club Pilot Plus in the BHPA, Low Air-time Pilots course, Refresher...
Whatever you call it, this course is ideal for any low-airtime pilots who need coaching in a safe and friendly environment supervised by instructors. It is also a good choice for “rusty pilots” looking for to come back to paragliding after a long break.
What’s different about us?
Most of the paragliding companies here offer just guiding service. That’s good for pilots with experience, but if you need something more than just a shuttle to the takeoff site, then our instructors can help you.
- Personal training: Every pilot is different. We know. Because this, the refresher paragliding course is customized. We have a personal interview with each pilot on the first day; You can tell us what you want to practice or to improve during the week, and we will design a customized training program for you.
You can practice Reverse launch, Big-Ears, Speed system, Simulated Asymmetric collapse, Active Flying, Soaring in dynamic lift, Thermalling, Cross Country initiation, approach, and landings,…
- Mini-paragliders: Too much wind for flying? No worries… we won’t lose that time; with our mini-wings of 13 m2 surface, you can practice ground handling even if the wind is strong!
- We have a private flying spot where you can fly without too many other pilots around. It is ideal for soaring in a quiet environment and for the top-landing practice.
- You will benefit from the local knowledge of the instructors. Our staff is Spanish. We were born here and we have learned to fly in these mountains. We know our place.
- Workshops: in the event of bad weather, we organize clinics that you can find interesting, as “How to fold your parachute reserve”, “How to control asymmetric collapses”, “Cross Country tips”,…
- Dual flights: You can fly with your instructor in a dual paraglider and practice some exercises that you want to learn or improve.
YOU SIMPLY MUST COME!
Because in Spain we have the best climate conditions for paragliding the whole year round, even in autumn and winter while the rest of Europe is frozen we can fly great thermals at 20ºC!
The mountains around Algodonales are one of the best paragliding spots in southern Spain and one of the most popular in Europe. During the spring it is a great thermal site and has good cross-country potential, even for your first XC flight. But it is also an easy place for beginners, full of big landing areas.
The coast is just one hour away and offers two other easy coastal flying sites above sand dunes.
Not only will you be flying but you will be enjoying the culture and the real people of Spain. Algodonales is also ideally situated for visiting the surrounding great cities and sights of interests such as Sevilla, Granada, Cordoba, Cadiz, Jerez de la Frontera, Costa de la Luz and Costa del Sol.
WE OFFER YOU IN THE PACKAGE...
- Customized training program for each pilot.
- Daily meteo briefing and Site briefings.
- Shuttle to the flying sites & retrieves: we can fly in more than 10 different spots. We don't mind to move to another area if it is necessary due weather conditions.
- Airport transfers, included* (please, read terms & conditions)
ADD A ROOM TO YOUR PACKAGE
Why it's not included? Because we don't want to increase the prices with something that maybe you don't need; maybe you are traveling in a camping-car or maybe you prefer to find a hotel by yourself.
We work with several local hostels and houses so you can get cheaper prices booking through us. Most of the accommodations that you can find at Algodonales are based in self-catering houses with shared rooms, but we also offer private houses for couples or families. All the houses have wifi, bed sheets, towels and kitchen facilities.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE AND TO BRING
If you have not flown for more than one year, please contact us before you book your place.
- You should have a Flight License and a Third Party Insurance specific for paragliding. Bring it with you. If you haven't please let us know it.
- Before coming, You should have a Travel Accident Insurance with full rescue/repatriation cover.
- If you are a citizen of the EU, bring your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This entitles you to reduced-cost, sometimes free, medical treatment.
- Bring your Flight Equipment, with reserve parachute, helmet, Walkie VHF 2m and mobile phone. It is possible to hire with us a full flying kit or any elements.
The briefings are in English or Spanish. You must understand at least one of these languages.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
You should have a Travel Accident Insurance, specific for paragliding, with full rescue/repatriation cover. If you don't have one, you will assume to pay for any medical costs in case of an accident.
We can offer you an accident insurance with rescue and repatriation cover by 20€.
BOOK NOW. PAY LATER
PRE-PAYMENT NOT REQUIRED.
You can assure your place with a deposit later, at any moment. No cancellation fee up to 30 days before the arrival date.