- ALGODONALES, SPAIN
FOR WHO? For Qualified Pilots with more than 50 flights / 25 hours air-time who want to improve their XC skills or even pilots looking for the first one!
DURATION: 6 days, from morning to sunset
ACCOMMODATION, 7 nights included in the price
What’s the XC Camp?
Cross Country paragliding training camp at Algodonales, Spain.
Imagine a very motivated group of paragliding pilots, with different levels but with the same target: to improve their cross country flights. Imagine that during an intensive week, every day the pilots design the best xc route in a briefing, with media support and the help of an experienced coach. Imagine that the coach propouse to the pilots daily tasks and flight exercises in order to learn and to improve the capabilities, skills and confidence of the pilots…. and now, imagine that you are one of these pilots!
That is the XC Camp, a training week specific for paragliding pilots who want to fly away, and our aim is that you can achieve your first or your best cross country flight with us.
Our XC Camp is a training for pilots at any level; It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner in cross country flights or an experienced pilot with hundred of flights, we will adapt the training to your level.
The good weather and the orography of the area makes Algodonales a perfect destination to learn or to improve your cross country flight skills. The understandable cross country routes, many big areas for landing and the tips of your coach will make the xc flights easier and safer to you.
What’s different about us?
CROSS COUNTRY: let’s do it easier
We don’t want to be a simple “taxi driver” for pilots, just to show them the landing and the take off . We want to go beyond and do something better. We want to be your coaches; to motivate you, to show you how far you can fly.
In our daily briefings, we check the best weather forecast websites. If it is necessary due the weather conditions, we don’t mind to drive to a different area for flying. And, of course, after you have landed, just send your GPS coordinates with you phone, and we will pick up you back to the base.
We design the XC routes for each day with Google Earth Map on a big screen. We also provide to our pilots a list of waypoints that they can follow during the flights with the help of a GPS.
Personal training and goals: Everyday the pilots can choose between to fly cross country or a “local training flight”; in this case, the instructor will propose a daily task to the pilots, with a serie of turn points. We follow your progression with daily statistics and we propose your goals, according to your level.
You will benefit from the local knowledge of the instructors. Our staff are spanish. We were born here and we have learnt to fly on these mountains for the last 20 years. Most of the paragliding foreigners guides and instructors come here just for a few months, during the winter season, and after that, they go back home.
- You must be a pilot rated leastways FAI Para Pro3, or BHPA Club pilot, or APPI Pilot or equivalent
- You should have a Flight License and a Third Party Insurance specific for paragliding.
- Bring your completed flight equipment, with Reserve parachute, helmet, Walkie VHF 2m and Mobile phone. It is possible to hire with us a full fliying kit or any elements.
- Travel Insurance: Before coming, You should have an accident insurance with full rescue/repatriation cover. If you don't have one, you will assume to pay for any medical costs in case of accident.
- If you are a citizen of the EU, bring your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This entitles you to reduced-cost, sometimes free, medical treatment.
- This paragliding tour is not for students. You must be a qualified paragliding pilot. You should be totally autonomous to take-off, flying and landing. If you think that you will need help by radio support from the instructors, or if you have less than 50 flights & 25 hours air-time then you should book in the Low-Airtime Pilots week
- You should feel confident when flying in thermal conditions. You don’t need to be an expert; the course is good even if you never have achieved a XC flight before, but you need previuos experience flying in thermal lift in order to take benefit of the training.
- Meteo briefing & Site briefings
- Shuttle to the flying sites & retrievals: we can fly in more than 10 different spots. We don't mind to move to another area if it is necessary due weather conditions. Of course, we also will pick you up after you have landed.
- Airport transfers, included ([sg_popup id="3" event="click"]terms & conditions[/sg_popup])
- Accommodation, 7 nights included in shared double room, with twin beds. You can also choose a single room or extra nights during the booking process.