WEEK #1: Guided tour for paragliding pilots in southern Spain
Paragliding pilots are like hunters; we like to explore new flying areas to find new amazing flights for our collection. Well, let's hunt good flights in a safari!
During a long week, we will fly in some of the best and more popular paragliding sites in southern Spain.
WEEK #2: XC Training Camp
Paragliding Cross Country coaching at Algodonales, Spain.
Imagine a group of very motivated paragliding pilots, with different levels but with the same goal: to improve their cross country flights. Imagine that during an intensive week, every day the pilots learn to design the best XC route with the support of internet tools and the help of an experienced instructor. Imagine that the coach propose to the pilots daily tasks and flight exercises, in order to improve their capabilities, skills, and confidence…. and now, imagine that you are one of these pilots!
That is the "XC Camp", a training week specific for paragliding pilots who want to fly far away. We call it "camp" because it is intensive, and because the pilots are super motivated and they create a nice environment of camaraderie and friendship.
Our XC Training Camp is for pilots at any level; It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner in cross country flights or an experienced pilot with hundred of flights, we will adapt the training to you. Our aim is that you can achieve your first, or your best, cross country flight
Personal training and goals: Every day the pilots can choose to fly cross country or to fly locally; in this last case, the instructor will propose some tasks and exercises. But every pilot is different. We know. Because this we follow your progression with statistics and we propose your goals according to your level. No pressure, this is just a game!
The good weather and the orography of the area makes Algodonales a perfect destination to learn or to improve your cross-country flight skills. The understandable cross-country routes, many big areas for landing and the tips of your coach will make the flights easier and safer to you.
WE HAVE MADE A FLEXIBLE PLAN
It doesn't matter if you are not an experienced pilot, you can choose to fly in the best conditions for your level and you will always be supervised by our qualified instructors. But if you are a good thermal hunter, we will advise you in order to fly beautiful triangles in each area.
We will move to the next spot every two or three days, and we will try to avoid a long drive in order to fly as much as possible.
ANDALUCIA: SOUTHERN SPAIN
A SELECTION OF THE BEST PARAGLIDING SITES
- Sierras de Cádiz: Fly in Algodonales and El Bosque, the most popular spot for paragliding in southern Spain, but don't miss a relaxed sunset flight at Montellano or Ronda la Vieja! You will also like a windy day to fly in the sand dunes in Matalascañas Beach or above the white village of Vejer.
- Sierras de Granada: You will find that to fly along the big mountains at Loja is easy... it will be a good training for your next flight in Cenes de la Vega where you can try to climb up to the top of the highest peaks of the Iberian peninsula, in Sierra Nevada, or you can also try to cross from Otivar to La Herradura and to land on the beach!
- Sierras de Jaén: Jaen is one of the favourite places to celebrate the Spanish paragliding competitions because of the excellent conditions and because there are many different take-offs. There are a lot of possibilities for all-level-pilots; from easy mini cross-country flights in Pegalajar to a chill-out long flight from the high peak of El Yelmo.
WE OFFER YOU IN THE PACKAGE...
- Daily lessons for novices, and tips for the most experienced pilots: how to find thermals, how to fly in lift,... all you need to know for flying far far away!
- Workshop: use of internet tools for weather forecast and how to design an XC route.
- Daily meteo briefing and plan for the XC route of the day.
- Statistics of your progression.
- Shuttle to the flying sites: we can fly in more than 10 different spots. We don't mind to move to another area if it is necessary due weather conditions.
- Retrievals: after you land, you send your position with GPS and we will find you!
- Airport transfers, included* (please, read terms & conditions)
- Accommodation, 14 nights included in shared double room, with twin beds. You can also choose a single room or extra nights during the booking process.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
The accommodation is based on shared double rooms in houses or bungalows with kitchen facilities. Anyway, you can choose a single room during the online booking process.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE AND TO BRING
You don’t need to be an expert; the course is good even if you have never achieved an XC flight before, but you need a bit of previous experience flying in a thermal lift in order to take benefit of the training.
- You should have a Flight License and a Third Party Insurance specific for paragliding. Bring it with you.
- You should have a Travel Accident Insurance with full rescue/repatriation cover.
- If you are a citizen of the EU, bring your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This entitles you to reduced-cost, sometimes free, medical treatment.
- Bring your Flight Equipment, with reserve parachute, helmet, Walkie VHF 2m and mobile phone. It is possible to hire with us a full flying kit or any elements.
The briefings are in English or Spanish. You must understand at least one of these languages.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
You should have a Travel Accident Insurance, specific for paragliding, with full rescue/repatriation cover. If you don't have one, you will assume to pay for any medical costs in case of an accident.
We can offer to you an accident insurance with rescue and repatriation cover by 20€. You can apply for the insurance during the online booking process or when your arrival.
BOOK NOW. PAY LATER
PRE-PAYMENT NOT REQUIRED.
You can assure your place with a deposit later, at any moment. No cancellation fee up to 30 days before the arrival date.