Guided "Safari" for paragliding pilots in southern Spain
Paragliding pilots are like hunters; we like to explore new flying areas to find new amazing flights for our collection. Well, let's hunt good flights in a safari!
During a long week, we will fly in some of the best and more popular paragliding sites in southern Spain.
You will benefit from the local knowledge of the instructors.
In the daily briefings, we check together with the best weather forecast websites, we will visit the landing areas before flying and we advise you about the local flying in each site. Our guided safari is run by experienced instructors who’s interest is not just with those pilots that fly the furthest, but they take an active interest in the ability and progress of everyone in the group.
ANDALUCIA: SOUTHERN SPAIN
A SELECTION OF THE BEST PARAGLIDING SITES
- Sierras de Cádiz: Fly in Algodonales and El Bosque, the most popular spot for paragliding in southern Spain, but don't miss a relaxed sunset flight at Montellano or Ronda la Vieja! You will also like a windy day to fly in the sand dunes in Matalascañas Beach or above the white village of Vejer.
- Sierras de Granada: You will find that to fly along the big mountains at Loja is easy... it will be a good training for your next flight in Cenes de la Vega where you can try to climb up to the top of the highest peaks of the Iberian peninsula, in Sierra Nevada, or you can also try to cross from Otivar to La Herradura and to land on the beach!
- Sierras de Jaén: Jaen is one of the favourite places to celebrate the Spanish paragliding competitions because of the excellent conditions and because there are many different take-offs. There are a lot of possibilities for all-level-pilots; from easy mini cross-country flights in Pegalajar to a chill-out long flight from the high peak of El Yelmo.
WE HAVE MADE A FLEXIBLE PLAN
We will try to fly in a couple of spots every day. Please notice that this is not a tour designed to fly cross country but to enjoy local flights in different places and to combine paragliding with a tourist holiday.
It doesn't matter if you are not an experienced pilot, you can choose to fly in the best conditions for your level and you will always be supervised by our qualified instructors. But if you are a good thermal hunter, we will advise you in order to fly beautiful triangles in each area.
We will move to the next spot every two or three days, and we will try to avoid a long drive in order to fly as much as possible.
The first day, we will pick up all pilots in Malaga airport @15h00.
The last day we will drop pilots in Malaga airport @12h00
WE OFFER YOU IN THE PACKAGE...
- Daily meteo briefing and Site briefings.
- Shuttle to the flying sites & retrieves: we can fly in more than 10 different spots. We don't mind to move to another area if it is necessary due weather conditions.
- Airport transfers, included* (please, read terms & conditions)
- Accommodation, included in a shared double room, with twin beds. You can also choose a single room or extra nights during the booking process.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
The accommodation is based in shared double rooms in a house with kitchen facilities. Anyway, you can choose a single room during the online booking process.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE AND TO BRING
(If you are a novice or a rusty pilot and you need help and supervision of instructors, then please book in the Paragliding Coaching course for Low air-time Pilots.)
- You should have a Flight License and a Third Party Insurance specific for paragliding. Bring it with you.
- Before coming, You should have a Travel Accident Insurance with full rescue/repatriation cover.
- If you are a citizen of the EU, bring your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This entitles you to reduced-cost, sometimes free, medical treatment.
- Bring your Flight Equipment, with reserve parachute, helmet, Walkie VHF 2m and mobile phone. It is possible to hire with us a full flying kit or any elements.
The briefings are in English or Spanish. You must understand at least one of these languages.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
You should have a Travel Accident Insurance, specific for paragliding, with full rescue/repatriation cover. If you don't have one, you will assume to pay for any medical costs in case of an accident.
We can offer to you an accident insurance with rescue and repatriation cover by 20€. You can apply for the insurance during the online booking process or when your arrival.
BOOK NOW. PAY LATER
PRE-PAYMENT NOT REQUIRED.
You can assure your place with a deposit later, at any moment. No cancellation fee up to 30 days before the arrival date.